Barstool Sportsbook Nevada Review and Sign-up Bonus
Disclaimer: Barstool Sportsbook is not yet online in Nevada. This review is speculative based on Barstool’s offering in other states and will be updated once it launches here. In the meantime, we recommend checking out BetMGM Sportsbook NV:
Barstool Sportsbook could soon launch for sports bettors in Nevada. The partnership between the sports media organization Barstool and Penn National Gaming began in 2020, and since then the sportsbook has launched in multiple states.
Barstool has hit the headlines multiple times over the last few years for a variety of controversies, but its sportsbook remains a legitimate option in all of the states where it has launched to date. Available for both desktop and mobile betting, the online sportsbook covers a range of sports and offers a variety of betting options.
This page will review Barstool Sportsbook in full, so you can decide if it’s the right online sportsbook in Nevada for you. We’ll also go through the details of Barstool’s two-part welcome bonus for new players.
Barstool Sportsbook Nevada promo code May 2023
When you sign up for a new account at Barstool, you’ll be eligible for a bonus of $10 to use on a single wager of your choice as well as Barstool’s “2 for 1 Player Bonus,” which is essentially a bonus bet for up to $1,000. If your very first real money wager on the site loses, Barstool will refund you up to $1,000 under this offer.
|Online Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook Nevada|
|bonus Bet||Up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
Barstool Sports Nevada welcome bonus — the fine print!
You must be 21 or older to sign up and bet at Barstool in Nevada. You also need to be within state lines to place any bets. Once the sportsbook has verified your account, a $10 bonus will land in your online wallet. You can use this to place any bet with odds of -200 or higher.
Then, if you lose your first bet on the site, Barstool will issue a matching refund for up to $1,000. This refund will arrive in your account as bonus cash, and you’ll need to meet a 1x playthrough requirement with odds of -200 or longer. For example, if you placed a $75 first bet on the site and it lost, Barstool Sportsbook would refund you $75 in the form of bonus cash for you to make an additional wager on the site. If that bet wins, you can do what you wish with the winnings, either withdrawing them or using them to bet again.
Can I trust Barstool Sportsbook in Nevada?
Yes. While Barstool’s overall reputation is not pristine, its online sportsbook is trustworthy. It had to apply for an online sports betting license in Nevada in order to launch, which it would not receive if it weren’t trustworthy.
As a licensed sportsbook, Barstool must follow certain rules. It vets all players upon registration to ensure they are of the legal betting age, and it checks you location when you use the sportsbook to ensure you are within state lines.
Barstool also offers responsible gambling tools. This means you can set limits on your play as well as electing to exclude yourself from your account for a set amount of time.
Getting started at Barstool Sportsbook in Nevada
Sign up for a Barstool Sportsbook account by visiting the site and clicking “log in” then “create new account.” You will then need to enter the details below:
- First and last name
- Contact number
- Home address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
In many states, you’ll complete your registration remotely, however, it’s not that simple in Nevada. Instead, you must head to a Barstool retail location and finish signing up in person. Once Barstool Sportsbook is up and running we will have the locations where you can go to complete your sportsbook registration. After signing up, everything else can be done online.
How do I download the Barstool Sports Nevada app?
The Barstool app allows fast and convenient betting when you’re away from your computer. Downloading it is free, and it’s available for Android and iOS devices. Here’s how to get it:
Barstool Sportsbook app for iOS
Visit the Barstool mobile site and create an account if you haven’t already. An app prompt will appear to take you to the App Store. Download the app from there as normal.
Barstool Sportsbook app for Android
Same as above, except this time you’ll follow an Android prompt and any additional instructions to install the app. Once you’ve downloaded it, you can sign in and start planning your bets.
Where do I find Barstool Sportsbook promotions?
Open the menu on the left of the Barstool website, or open the app’s main menu to locate the sportsbook’s promotions page. There’s usually plenty to browse here, and all offers come with a full set of terms and conditions.
Look for insurance offers for your parlays, which will provide a small payout if just one leg of your bet loses. Barstool also operates “Garbage Time” each week, where you have the chance to win bonus Barstool cash based on your bets. Merch giveaways run weekly if wearing a Barstool hoodie is something that interests you. Place a bet of $50 or more on the week’s chosen game to enter into the prize draw, win or lose.
You will need to opt-in to the majority of Barstool offers in order to participate. Make sure to do this by heading over to the promotions page.
Why should I choose the Barstool Sportsbook app?
Barstool Sportsbook itself has a number of pretty good features. Here are the main ones that stood out while we were conducting our review:
- Customization bonus: Barstool offers a reward if you customize your account. Update your “Betting Favorites” in the account preferences section of the website and receive $5 in bonus credit as a way of saying thanks.
- mychoice Rewards: You’ll start accruing points in Penn National’s rewards program from the minute you start betting real cash on the site. You can redeem these points for bonus cash, merchandise, discounted resort stays and more.
- Quick Pick 6: Barstool’s Quick Pick 6 feature prompts you to pick a league and a timeframe for your bets. The random generator will then introduce six new bets for you to browse through, select and shuffle at any time. This can speed up the betting process if you’re not feeling too picky.
- Solid homepage: The Barstool Sportsbook homepage is everything you need it to be. You’ll see a choice of sports and promotions, and you can simply scroll down to find a range of betting options straight away.
What won’t I like about the Barstool Sportsbook app?
There are various changes we’d like to see to Barstool Sportsbook to improve the experience:
- Ability to minimize the site: Barstool is pretty much unusable if you decrease the window size on a desktop computer screen, which leaves us with very little confidence in its mobile site. We would like Barstool to be easy to use on all devices.
- Better navigation: The menu on the left makes no sense until you expand it. We’d like to see clearer symbols on this menu so players know exactly where they’re navigating to without having to expand the menu for more details.
What kind of bets can I place at Barstool online sports betting?
The betting options available at Barstool Nevada are pretty varied. Choose a sport from the top navigation bar to get started. You’ll see the standard bets appear first, but you can hit the “More Bets” button next to any game for further information. Here are some of your main choices:
- Totals: This is a pretty easy one to remember, as you’re betting on the total score of a game by both teams. The sportsbook will set a line, and you can bet whether the actual total score of the game will be over or under that line.
- Moneylines: Bet on the game-winner. This is a nice and simple betting option. Just choose between the favorite (with negative odds) and the underdog (with positive odds).
- Point spreads: Bet on the difference in points between the two teams playing a game. The sportsbook will provide a point spread number, and you can bet on whether the favorite will win by more than that number or if the underdog will keep the game closer or win outright.
- Parlays: Combine multiple bets with parlays. Each individual bet is connected under the same wager here, which means you need to be correct on every single one to collect your winnings.
- Live betting: Wager on games as they play out with this betting option. Live betting moves fast, so it’s important to watch the ever-changing odds and keep a lookout for the cash-out button if you want it.
- Futures: Futures are based on events that could happen in the coming months, such as this year’s Super Bowl winner or the player who’ll win the NBA MVP award. Select a sport and click on the ‘”Futures” button to view all your options.
- Props: TA little more on the novelty side of things. With props, you’re betting on whether a specific event will happen during a game. This is often a side bet separate from the final score. You could bet on a player to score in the first 10 minutes, for example, or on a quarterback’s total passing yards in a contest.
Can I bet on the Golden Knights at Barstool Sportsbook?
Yes, you can bet on the Vegas Golden Knights at Barstool. The site covers all the Knights’ NHL games, with a number of additional betting options to pick from. Before the season gets going, for instance, you might want to wager on the Knights to win the Stanley Cup to show your support. Just open the futures tab of the NHL page to do so.
You can also wager on the puck line, which is the hockey version of a point spread. The standard line here is 1.5, so you’ll need to choose whether the favored team will win by two or more, or if the underdog will keep it closer or win the game outright. If hockey props are more your thing, Barstool has a number of options.
How do I get money on (and off!) Barstool Sportsbook quickly?
Depositing and withdrawing at Barstool is pretty straightforward. Just click “Cashier” at the top of the site to choose your payment method. Here’s more about banking at Barstool in Nevada:
Create a deposit a have access to your funds immediately in most cases. Select payment methods could have service fees attached, so keep an eye out for those. Here are your options:
- Play+ prepaid card
- PayNearMe (available at CVS, Family Dollar, 7-Eleven)
- Bank wire transfer
- Apple Pay
Withdrawals are a little slow at Barstool, with cash taking as long as 10 days to reach your account, depending on the method. Here are the options:
- ACH (e-check)
- Online banking
- Play+ card
- Check by mail
How do I get help at Barstool online sportsbook?
Barstool’s support system is pretty similar to those of other online sports betting apps out there. You can reach a representative using online live chat, email or phone. There’s also a Barstool FAQ if you want fast answers on betting, banking and promotions, which you can access by clicking the support link on the website or app.
How do I exclude myself from Barstool?
Both cool-off periods and complete self-exclusion are available at Barstool to help manage your gambling habits. Head over to the responsible gaming section of the website or app via the main menu for all the details on giving yourself some time away from the online sportsbook.
If you don’t want to close your account but would like to limit yourself, you can also set limits on your deposits, wagers and time on the site to protect yourself. Again, this is all available in the responsible gaming section of the Barstool site.
Can I bet at Barstool Sportsbook in person?
Barstool doesn’t have an in-person betting option in Nevada at this time, but it could add one. The company now has retail sportsbooks in Michigan and Colorado, so it’s possible that more are in the pipeline.
Barstool’s sportsbook partner, Penn National Gaming, owns Tropicana and M Resort in Las Vegas, so it is likely that if the sportsbook was to open a retail location in Nevada, it would be at one of those casinos.
How does Barstool compare to other Nevada sportsbooks?
Barstool is a pretty controversial media brand, but its sportsbook is solid nonetheless. Though it’s a personal choice as to whether you’d support Barstool, the site has a good app and fun features like the “Quick Pick 6” option.
However, if you are on the search for a more established sportsbook, you could instead give BetMGM a try to compare the differences between it and Barstool.
Barstool Sportsbook FAQs
Do I need to download the app to bet at Barstool Sportsbook?
The Barstool app isn’t necessary, but it does make mobile betting easier. See above for download instructions.
How do I get paid if I win?
You can withdraw any winnings from Barstool Sportsbook using e-check, online banking, play+ prepaid card or a check by mail. Funds can take up to 10 days to reach your account, and you may need to verify your withdrawal with your ID.
Do I have to go to a retail venue to sign up for Barstool online?
No, the full Barstool registration process is available online. Just visit the site and click to sign up, then enter your details. It’s a pretty smooth process that should take only a couple of minutes.
What is the minimum deposit at Barstool Nevada?
The minimum deposit is $10, and you can fund your account using a prepaid card, PayNearMe, e-check, online banking or Mastercard/Visa.
How do I use my bonus bet at Barstool Sportsbook?
Use your bonus bet within your first seven days on the site. You can spend it on any straight bet of your choice with odds of -200 or greater.